Monday, March 12, 2012

Birthday Ice Cream Cake

You may have read my post about my daughter's request for an ice cream birthday cake for her 8th birthday. I was tossing up between making and buying one, (to save my sanity) but thanks to a reader's suggestion/encouragement, I decided to diy.



I simply used 4 litres of good quality vanilla ice cream, softened and stirred. I added it to a large, springform tin. Here I "marbled" through about 1/2 cup of pureed raspberries for flavour interest and so it looked pretty when sliced :)

Once hardened, I used TV Snack Malt sticks around the outside in 2 layers. The top was decorated with raspberry lollies, maltesers and marshmallow swirls. A big ribbon and it was done. Easy!






To her birthday dinner I added some chocolate spoons...


some of my "cookie ball pops"...



..some other favourites, and my new 8 year old loved her birthday tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...